- BIRTH. Aged 7 in 1901, born Liverpool, born around 1894; registered Toxteth Park 1894MAR 8b/182; baptised 6 Nov 1895 at St Thomas’, Toxteth, daughter of Mary Jane and William from 181 Grafton Street. Sources: 1901 census, GRO/FreeBMD, REG/FMP/page..
- WORKHOUSE. Liverpool 13 Apr 1899; Grace born 1894 (and Mary J) admitted to the work house; destitute,; from 5/3 Maynard Street; grandmother Mary Whitehead 33 Star Street; father William a dock labourer; mother in prison 1 month from 11 Apr 1899. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Liverpool 30 Aug 1900, Grace brought to the workhouse destitute by the police, with sister Mary Jane and brother William. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Liverpool 8 Oct 1900; Grace and Mary Jane admitted for one week. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 31 Mar 1901; Nile St, Holy Trinity Industrial School for Girls; inmate, aged 7, born Liverpool, with sister Mary J. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page. Mary J is 1888MY01. Brother William is 1896WI01.
- EMIG. Aged 16, born in England, crossed from Canada to USA, destination Franklin, Vermont. Sources: Canadian Border Crossings/FMP/transcript. Vermont is New England, sister Mary Jane (Mae) was in New Hampshire, two uncles in Massachusetts.
- Comments: Daughter of John W H 1870JN02 and Mary Jane 1861M9Y02.
Updated March 2019