John Charles Sandow
- BIRTH. Aged 8m in 1891, son of John and Sarah; born around 1890; registered Easington 1890SEP 10a/457; born 5 Aug 1890 in 1939. Sources: GRO, 1939 Register.
- CENSUS. John Chas; Easington 5 Apr 1891; 12 Nicholson Street, Castle Eden Colliery; son aged 8m; born at Castle Eden Colliery, Durham; in father’s household. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/Page.
- CENSUS. John; Barnsley 31 Mar 1901; John H Crescent, Hemsworth; stepson, aged 11; born Durham, Monk Headon; in stepfather’s household. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page. Stepfather is Thomas Eddy 1852TH01.
- CENSUS. Jno C; Houghton-le-Spring, Durham 2 Apr 1811; 21 South Crescent, Fencehouses; stepson, aged 20; miner, coal, cutter; born Durham, Castle Eden; in stepfather’s household. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Caroline Whittan [1886CL01]; registered 1919SEP Houghton 10a/1421. Sources: Parents at Burnley in 1920, GRO. Children: Mary C 1920MY01, John B 1921JN01, Edwin 1925ED01.
- 1939 Register. John C Sandow; Crompton (Oldham) 29 Sep 1939; 275 Rochdale Road; born 5 Aug 1890; Married; Plasterer’s labourer. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page. Alone, wife and children in Burnley.
- DEATH. John C; registered Burnley 1959DEC 10b/170, aged 69. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments: Son of John 1852JN02 and Sarah 1855SA01.
Updated Sep 2019