- BIRTH. Aged 22 in 1911, son of Joseph H, bootmaker, and Rebecca, born in Poland; aged 29 in 1919; born around 1889-90; born 14 Apr 1889 (1939), born 14 Apr 1890 (death record). Sources: War Office/FMP/page, 1939 Register, death record.
- CENSUS. Plymouth 2 Apr 1911; 102 Pembroke Street, Devonport; son aged 22; traveller with hosiery; born in Russian Poland.
- WAR. London, 5 Apr 1919; Ephraim Bence, Labour Corps, discharged 15 Mar 1919 aged 29, 102 Pembroke Street, Devonport; loss od vision right eye, gunshot wound leg and thigh; 70% disabled, pension granted. Sources: Ministry of Pensions/FMP/page.
- WAR. Silver War Badge (for wounds), 6 Aug 1919. Sources: Silver Badge Roll/FMP.
- WAR. E Bence, pte 557254, 1001st Labour Coy, inscribed in British Jewry Book of Honour 1914-20 page 419. Sources: Jewry Book of Honour/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Evelina A Sandoe [1900EV01]; registered 1920JUN Devonport 5b/879. Sources: GRO. Children (at Devonport): David M 1923, Rosie 1926.
- 1939 Register. Plymouth 29 Sep 1939; 84 Pasley Street; born 14 Apr 1889; married; tailor machinist; with wife Lena (Eveline Leah), David, and three closed entries. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Registered Southend (Essex) 1978DEC 9/2941, born 14 Apr 1890. GRO/FMP.
- Comments. Son of Joseph 1864JS and Rebecca 1859RB, family from Poland.
Updated Nov 2019