Sarah Jane Ashdown
- BIRTH. Aged 2 in 1891, born Liverpool; aged 31 at Liverpool in 1919; born around 1888; daughter of George Edward. Sources: census, marriage record.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 5 Apr 1891; 21 Conway St, West Derby; daughter, aged 2; born Livepool; in father’s household. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Jenny Haworth; Liverpool 2 Apr 1911; 16 Palmerston Ave, Litherland; Jenny Haworth, married stepdaughter, aged 22, born Everton, Liverpool; in stepmother’s household with daughter Emily Haworth 2. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page. No marriage found.
- MARR. Married Thomas Lyon; [1887TH02] 26 Aug 1912 at St Phillip’s, Litherland; registered West Derby 1912SEP 8b/750; divorce 1917. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, Thomas’ WW1 service record/FMP/page. Children: Thomas Elijah 1912, George Edward 1914.
- MARR. Sarah J Lyon, widow, aged 31, formerly Ashdown, daughter of George Edward decd fireman in merchant service, married William John Sandow [1896WI01], 13 Apr 1919 at West Derby Register Office. Registered 1919JUN W Derby 8b/1160. Sources: MC/MF. Children: William G 1919WI02, Edith 1921ED02.
- EMIG. Sarah Sandow embarked on SS Melita 4 Nov 1921, bound for Quebec, Canada, with Grace 3, William 2 and Edith 3m; aged 33, housewife of 16 Palmerston Ave. Sources: Passenger list/FMP/page. Grace is the daughter of William Sandow and Margaret (Carter).
- Comments: Daughter of George E 1866GE02 and Jane.
Updated Mar 2019