Mary Jane Sandow
- BIRTH. Aged 2 in 1891, daughter of William Henry and Mary Jane, born Liverpool; aged 12 in 1901; born around 1889; registered Toxteth Park 1888DEC 8b/217, born 16 Oct 1888; baptised 2 Oct 1889 at St Thomas’ Toxteth, daughter of Mary Jane and William, labourer, from Combermere Street. Sources: Census, GRO/FreeBMD, REG/FMP/page, school register.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 5 Apr 1891; 12 Lamport St; daughter, aged 2, born Liverpool; in father’s household. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Liverpool 13 Apr 1899; Mary J born 1890 (and Grace) admitted to the work house; destitute; from 5/3 Maynard Street; grandmother Mary Whitehead 33 Star Street; father William a dock labourer; mother in prison 1 month from 11 Apr 1899; discharged 5 Sep 1899. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- SCHOOL. Mary J Sandow; admitted 18 Sep 1899 at St Saviour’s Girls; born 16 Oct 1888, father William Sandow, from 3/5 Maynard Street. Sources: School Admissions Book/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Jane Sandoe (and Grace and William) brought destitute to the workhouse by the police, 30 Aug 1900; from 7/2 Maynard Street. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 31 Mar 1901; Nile St, Holy Trinity Industrial School for Girls; inmate, aged 12, born Liverpool, with sister Grace. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- EMIG. Mae Sandow; entered USA in 1909, born in England, aged 30 in 1920; Sources: 1920 US Census/FMP/page.
- FAMILY. Mae Sandow; post address Manchester, New Hampshire, USA by 1915; next of kin of brother William James in 1915. Sources: William James Sandow’s Service Record/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Mae Sandow; Brooklyn NY, 1920; 86 Hancock Street; aged 30, lodger, alien born in England, entered USA in 1909; hospital nurse. Sources: 1920 US census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. May Sandow; Brooklyn NY 10 Apr 1930; Macon Street; aged 37, single, lodger, alien, born in England, entered USA 1910; tearoom propirietor. Sources: 1930 US census/FMP/page.
- Comments: Daughter of John W H 1870JN03 and Mary Jane 1869MY02. Grace is 1894GR01, William James 1896WI01.