- BIRTH. Aged 27 when enlisted in 1914, born in Liverpool son of Elijah and Martha; born around 1887. Sources: Service Record/FMP/page, censuses.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 31 Mar 1901; 5 Bennett Street, Bootle; son aged 13; born Bootle; in father’s household. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Liverpool 2 Apr 1911; 19 Berry Street, Bootle; son aged 22, labourer; born Bootle; in father’s household. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Sarah Jane Ashdown [1888SA01]; 26 Aug 1912 at St Phillips, Litherland; registered West Derby 1912SEP 8b/750; divorce 1917. Sources: WW1 Service Records; GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Thomas Elijah 1912, George Edward 1914.
- WAR. Enlisted 2 Sep 1914, aged 27, labourer, 12th Kings Liverpool Regt; married, Sarah Jane, son Thomas Elijah; 14839 King’s Own Liverpool Regt; wounded in France 1915. Sources: Service Record/FMP/page.
- WAR. Transferred in 1916 to Machine Gun Corps, France, 71110 Pte. Sources: Service Record/FMP/page.
- WAR/FAMILY. Granted leave 1916 to arrange divorce; proceedings completed in 1917. Sources: Service record/FMP/page.
- FAMILY. Son George died, 8 Feb 1917. Sources. GRO/DC/ServiceRecord/FMP/page.
- WAR/DEATH. Wounded in action 2 Dec 1917, foot, knee and hip; 3 Dec 1917 died of wounds in hospital at Abbéville; pension for 1 child; effects and medals to sister Sarah Ord. Sources: Service Record/FMP/page.
Updated Mar 2019