Milton Rufus Hill
- BIRTH. Aged 4 in 1891, son of Frederick, joiner, and Louisa, born Shoreditch; born around 1887; registered Shoreditch 1886JUN 1c/139. London England. Sources: 1891 census, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Milton; Hackney 5 Apr 1891; at 31 Mandeville Street; son, aged 4; scholar; born Shoreditch; in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page. Parents Frederick, joiner, and Louisa.
- CENSUS. Merton Rufus; Hackney 31 Mar 1901; at 95 Mandeville Street; son, aged 14; glas blower; born Shoreditch; in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page. Father now a cabinet maker.
- MARR. Married Ethel Louise Mitchell [1889EM02], registered Medway 1908MAR 2a/876. Kent England. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Ronald 1909RN01.
- CENSUS. Milton R; 2 Apr 1911; at sea on HMS Dominion; aged 25, married, RN Stoker 1, born at Haggerston. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Milton R; registered Yarmouth 1920MAR 4b/8; Leading Stoker R M Hill, died 23 Feb 1920, from HMS Pembroke, buried in Caister Old Cemetary; invalided paralysed HMS Pembroke 10 Oct 1917, Yarmouth Hospital 30 Apr 1918 lunacy. Norfolk England. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, CWGC, RN service record/FMP/page
- Comments. Son of Frederick 1858 and Louisa 1857.
Updated Jan 2018