Francis John Sando
- BIRTH. Aged 15 in 1901, son of Arthur and Edith, born at Kingston; born around 1885; registered Kingston 1885DEC 2a/310. Surrey, London, England. Sources: GRO., 1901 census.
- CENSUS. Sands; Chiswick 5 Apr 1891; at 23 Paxton Road; son, aged 5; born at Kingston; in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page. Written Sands.
- CENSUS. Frank; Acton 31 Mar 1901; son, aged 15, messenger (shop boy); born at Kingston; in father’s household. London, England. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom.
- MARR. Survived by wife, Mrs A C Sando, Folkestone in Oct 1918; assumed Annie C Godden 1879AN01, registered 1913DEC Elham 2a/2489. Kent, England. Sources: CWGC, GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Kathleen 1914KT01.
- DEATH. Serjeant, MM, 1001, 13th Bn Rifle Brigade, died aged 34 on 25 Oct 1918, son of Mr and Mrs Arthur Sando, husband of A C Sando, 87 Chart Rd, Folkestone; buried in Shorncliffe military cemetery. Kent, England. Sources: CWGC. Possible death registration cf 1883FR01.
- PHOTO: Shorncliffe military cemetery. Kent, England.
In Memory of Serjeant FRANCIS JOHN SANDO MM
1001, 13th Bn., Rifle Brigade
who died age 34 on 25 October 1918
Son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Sando;
husband of A. C. Sando, of 87, Chart Rd., Folkestone.
Remembered with honour
SHORNCLIFFE MILITARY CEMETERY
Commemorated in perpetuity by
the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Comments: Son of Arthur 1856AR01 and Harriet E 1860ED02.
Updated Jan 2018