- BIRTH. Aged 28 in 1911, nephew of Elizabeth Childs Sandow, born in South Australia; aged 61 in 1944; born around 1883; born 23 Apr 1882 in 1939; born 23 Apr 1882 at Wallaroo Mines, South Australia; son of John and Sarah Jane (Head); registeredDal/281/482. Sources: Census, death registration, 1939 register, Thomas vol. 2 p. 733, SABI.
- CENSUS. Plymouth 2 Apr 1911; 12 St James Place; head, aged 28, single; inland revenue clerk; born South Australia; with aunt Elizabeth Childs Sandow 42. Devon, England. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page. Aunt is 1854EL02.
- ELECTORAL REG. 5 Saltram Place, Plymouth, 1927, with Elizabeth Childs Sandow. Devon, England. Sources: Electoral Register 1927/FMP/page. Elizabeth is 1854EL02.
- 1939 Register. Plymouth 29 Sep 1939; 5 Saltram Place; born 23 Apr 1882; single; no occupation; air raid warden; with Elizabeth Childs Sandow. Devon, England. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page.
- CIVIL DEFENCE. Mr James Sandow, 5 Saltram Place, £3 per week for ARP duties 1939. Devon, England. Sources: Personnel list/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Registered Plymouth 1944DEC 5b/384, aged 61. Devon, England. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments: Son of John 1857JN01 and Sarah Jane 1865SA02, nephew of Elizabeth Childs Sandow 1854EL02.
Updated Aug 2019