- BIRTH. Aged 30 in 1911, born at Newbottle, Durham; aged 10m in 1881, son of John and Mary A; born around 1880-81. Sources: Censuses.
- CENSUS. Houghton-le-Spring 3 Apr 1881; Big House Green, Newbottle; Son, age 10m; born at Durham Newbottle; in parents’ household, John and Mary A Burdon. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Houghton-le-Spring 5 Apr 1891; 69 Short Row, Colliery Row; son, age 10; born at Durham, Newbottle; in parents’ household, John 39 and Mary A Burdon 49. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Chester-le-Street 31 Mar 1901; Engine Row; boarder, single, age 20; coal miner, hewer; born at Durham Newbottle. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Mary Elizabeth Sandow [1884MY01]; registered Houghton 1902DEC 10a/773. Sources: Together in 1911; GRO. Children: John T 1904, James A 1906, Edward 1909.
- CENSUS. South Shields 2 Apr 1911; 4 Boldon Lane, Harton; head, aged 30; miner, shifter; born Durham, Newbottle; with wife Mary E 26 and three children. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
Updated Sep 2019