Joseph Charles Hallett
- BIRTH. Aged 1 in 1881, son of Joseph C and Rebecca A, born at Plymouth; aged 36 in 1916, son of Joseph Charles, deceased porter; born around 1880; registered 1879DEC Plymouth 5b/272; born 14 Jun 1880 (1939). Sources: Censuses, marriage, GRO/FreeBMD, 1939 Register.
- CENSUS. Joseph C; St Andrews 3 Apr 1881; 28 Martin St; son, aged 1, born at Devonport; in father’s household. Sources: 1881 census/AncestryCom.
- CENSUS. Joseph C; St Andrews 5 Apr 1891; 28 Martin St; son, aged 11, born at Devonport; in father’s household. Sources: 1891 census/AncestryCom.
- CENSUS. Joseph C; 31 Mar 1901; HMS Excellent; crew, AB, aged 20, born at Plymouth. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom. HMS Excellent is the RN School of Gunnery.
- CENSUS. Joseph; Plymouth 2 Apr 1911; 74 Duke St, Devonport; brother, aged 31; RN pensioner; born Devonport; in sister Mabel Aylott’s (25) household, with sister Ethel 21. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Bachelor, aged 36, Leading Seaman in RN, HMS Mariner, son of Joseph Charles Hallett, deceased railway porter, married Elizabeth Emily Sandoe 1879EL02, 18 Mar 1916 at the Register Office, Devonport; registered 1916MAR Devonport 5b/759. Sources: MC/GRO.
- 1939 Register. Joseph C; Plymouth 29 Sep 1939; 54 Avondale Terrace; born 14 Jun 1880; married; labourer, boilermaker’s mate; RN pensioner; with wife Elizabeth; g’daughter Rosina Gregory. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Joseph C; registered Plymouth 1945JUN 5b/302, aged 65. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments. Son of Joseph Charles 1849JS02 and Rebecca Ann 1854RB01; Leading Seaman RN in 1916.
Updated Nov 2019