Lucy Jane Sandoe
- BIRTH. Lucy; born 3 Jul 1873, daughter of William, joiner, and Mary, formerly Butland, at 12 Clifton St, Roath; registered Cardiff 1873SEP 11a/276. Sources: GRO, BC.
- CENSUS. Lucy; Cardiff 3 Apr 1881; at 32 Theodora St, Roath; aged 7, dau; scholar; born Cardiff; in father’s household. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Lucy Sandho; Cardiff 5 Apr 1891; at the Convent and Asylum of the Good Shepherd, Penyland, Roath; penitent, aged 18; laundry work; born Cardiff. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page. “A refuge for fallen women under the care of a sisterhood”.
- BAPTISM. Aged 18, from the House of Mercy, Roath; daughter of William, carpenter, and Mary, baptised 9 Apr 1892 at St German’s, Roath. Sources: REG/FMP/page.
- MARR. Lucy; daughter of William Sandoe (carpenter), aged 26, from 9 Theodora Street, married Charles Perthlin (1868CL03) on 6 November 1899 at Cardiff Register Office, witnesses Richard David Sandoe and Rosina Kingdon; registered Cardiff 1899DEC 11a/585. Sources: MC, GRO/FreeBMD/page. Children: Ellen 1896EN01, Lucy 1900LY, Charles F 1902CL02. Family not seen in 1901. Witnesses are Lucy’s brother and a neighbour from Theodora Street.
- DEATH. Lucy Jane Perthlin; registered Cardiff 1902SEP 11a/183, aged 28; died 11 Jul 1902 at 27 Dorset St, Grange, Cardiff; wife of Charles Perthlin, ship’s carpenter, merchant service; morbilli post parturition cardiac syncope; reported by father William Sndoe. Sources: GRO/DC. Measles, cardial arrest, childbirth.
- Comments: Daughter of William 1845WI06 and Mary 1845MY04.
Updated Nov 2017