Catherine Melinda Mitchell
- BIRTH. Aged 7 in 1881, daughter of William and Elizabeth, born Kenwyn; baptised Catherine Mildred 20 Mar 1874 at Kenwyn, daughter of William, farmer of Penveidinny, and Elizabeth Selina; registered Truro 1873DEC 5c/167 (Catherine Malinda). Cornwall England. Sources: 1881 census, REG/COPC, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Catherine M; Kenwyn; 3 Apr 1881; Penvendinnie; daughter, aged 7, scholar; born Kenwyn; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn; 5 Apr 1891; Little Canaan; daughter, aged 17, draper’s assistant; born Kenwyn; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Edward Hoyte 1874ED03, registered Truro 1896DEC 5c/231. Sources: Together in 1901, GRO/FreeBMD/page. Cornwall England. Children: Ada G 1899.
- CENSUS. Melinda Hoyte; Kenwyn; 31 Mar 1901; St Coose Farm; daughter, aged 28, married; born Kenwyn; in father’s household with husband and daughter. Cornwall England. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Hoyte; Twelveheads; 2 Apr 1911; Perranwell St; head, aged 36, married 14, 1 child; farmer selfemployed; born Kenwyn; with daughter Ada G 11 and cousin William C Sandoe 17. Cornwall England. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- Comments. Cousin of William Charles Sandoe in 1911; draper’s assistant, dressmaker, farmer.
Updated March 2013
Copyright 1995-2017 Sidney Wood