- BIRTH. Aged 9 in 1881, daughter of widow Susan Stanaway, born at Liskeard; aged 23 in 1895, daughter of John Stanaway; born around 1872; assumed registered Stanway 1871SEP Liskeard 5c/55; daughter of John Stanaway at death. Cornwall England. Sources: Censuses, marriage record, son Joseph’s Australian army records, GRO/FreeBMD, death record.
- CENSUS. St Cleer; 3 Apr 1881, at Chapel Row; daughter, aged 9, scholar, born at St Cleer; in mother’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1881 census/AncestryCom.
- CENSUS. Evelena; Plymouth Charles district; 5 Apr 1891; servant, unmarried, aged 19, general servant, born at Liskeard; in William A Warmack’s household. Devon England. Sources: 1891 census/AncestryCom.
- MARR. Aged 23, residing at 4 Woodland Terrace, daughter of John Stanaway, deceased miner; married Richard Henry Sandoe 1870RI03, 2 Feb 1895 at the Register Office, Plymouth; registered Plymouth 1895Mar 5b/427. Devon England. Sources: MC/GRO. Children: Joseph H 1894JS02, Elsie M 1895EL01.
- EMIGRATION. A Mrs E Sandoe arrived at Sydney from London, 3rd class, on 5 Oct 1895 on the Oruba of Liverpool. Australia. Sources: State records NSW.
- EMIGRATION. Evalina spent at least a year in Sydney, visiting Petersham and Marrickville, where daughter Elsie was born and died in 1895 and 1896; Evalina and son Joseph remained in NSW, living with August Dietze by 1900. Australia. Sources: New South Wales BMD Index, 1901 UK census, daughter’s birth.
- MARR. Evalina Stanaway married August R C Dietze 1871AU01, 1906 at Sydney, reg 24/1906. Australia. Sources: New South Wales BMD Registry Index. Children: Elsa E 1900EL01. Petersham and Marrickville are suburbs of Sydney; Evalina lived with August Dietze, their daughter Elsa E being born there in 1900.
- ARMY. Evalina Dietze, wife of Robert Dietze, signed receipt for personal effects of son Lieut. Joseph Henry Sandoe, killed in action in 1918, 14 June 1919. Australia. Sources: Son Joseph’s Australian army records.
- DEATH. Evelyna Dietze died in 1952 at Rockdale, reg 11841/1952, father John Stanway. Australia. Sources: New South Wales BMD Registry.
- Comments. Daughter of John 1832JN02 and Susannah 1832SU03; mother of 1894JS02; emigrated to Australia, NSW in 1895.
Updated February 2013
Copyright 1995-2017 Sidney Wood