Mary Jane Whitehead
- BIRTH. Aged 12 in 1881, born Liverpool, daughter of Mary; aged 21 in 1891; born around 1869-70; possibly registered West Derby 1870JUN 8b/362. Sources: Censuses, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Mary J; Liverpool 3 Apr 1881; at 160 Wolfe St, Toxteth Park; daughter, aged 12, scholar; born Liverpool; in stepfather’s household. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page. Stepfather is James Boyle 1841JM05.
- MARR. Married William Henry Sandow [1870JN03] around 1888. Sources: Parents at Liverpool around 1888, named on BC of 1896WI01, together in 1891. Children: Mary J 1888MY01, John W 1890JN03, Grace 1894GR01, William 1896WI01.
- CENSUS. Mary Jane Sandow; Liverpool 5 Apr 1891; 12 Lamport St, Toxteth; wife, aged 21, born Liverpool; in husband’s household. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Sandow; 13 Sep 1898; aged 27 from 5/3 Maynard Street; mother Mary Boyd same address; 1 week in surgical ward. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse register/FMP/page.
- LAW. In prison for 1 month, children in Toxteth Workhouse from 13 Apr 1899. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Jane Sandow, charwoman, born 1872; 23 Jul 1899; from 5/3 Maynard Street; Toxteth workhouse 3 weeks for foot injury. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Sandow; aged 46, charwoman; from 18 Date Street; 13 Jan 1916 medical ward; family sister Catherine Davies at 5 Maynard Street. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Sandow; aged 42, charwoman; 4 Apr 1916 medical ward; widow of William Sandow. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- WORKHOUSE. Mary Sandow; aged 41, from 92 Upper Canning St; admitted 30 Dec 1916; no family or friends; died 1 Jan 1917. Sources: Toxteth Workhouse Register/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Mary Sandow; died 1 Jan 1917 at Liverpool Workhouse Infirmary, aged 41, single, domestic servant of 92 Upper Canning St, dementia, registered Liverpool 1917MAR 8b/93; aged 41. Sources: GRO, DC.
- Comments: Daughter of Mary Anon 1844MY05 and 1844NN02.
Updated Mar 2019