Jessie Hocking Sandoe
- BIRTH. Born at Falmouth, registered Falmouth 1867MAR5c/198; baptised 24 Mar 1868 at Falmouth, daughter of Henry, tailor, and Jessie. Sources: GRO, REG/CFS.
- CENSUS. Falmouth, 2 Apr 1871; dau, aged 4; scholar; born Falmouth; in mother’s household. Sources: 1871 census index/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Sandow; 3 Apr 1881, Newton Abbott; 25 Courteney Street, Wolborough; aged 13, niece; scholar; born Falmouth; visitor in uncle Thomas Rillstone’s household. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page. Uncle is 1830TH01.
- MARR. Aged 20, daughter of Henry Sandoe, tailor, married John Francis Lanyon Elliott [1866JN03] at Dartmouth, Townstal Parish, 12 Jan 1887, witnesses Thomas Rillstone and Emma Elizabeth Elliott; registered Landoe, Totnes 1887MAR 5b/271. Sources: REG/FMP/page, GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Florence 1888, Emma 1890, Lilian 1891, William 1896, Iren 1901, Mary 1907.
- CENSUS. Jessie H Elliott; Dartmouth 5 Apr 1891; Charles Street; wife, aged 25; born Falmouth; in husband’s household with daughters Florence and Emma. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Jessie H Elliott; Dartmouth 31 Mar 1901; Lower Street; wife, aged 33; born Falmouth; in husband’s household. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Jessie Elliott; Dartmouth 2 Apr 1911; St George’s Square; 8 rooms; 6 children, 1 died; wife aged 44; assistant in business; born Devonport; in husband’s household. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Jessie H Elliott; Totnes 1929JUN 5b/225, aged 62. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments: Daughter of Henry 1827HE01 and Jessie 1832JE01.
Updated May 2019