John Henry Sandoe
- BIRTH. Aged 7 in 1871, grandson of John and Thelia, born St Agnes; aged 16 in 1881; aged 28 in 1893; aged 39 in 1901; born around 1864/65; born 11 Feb 1875 (1939). Cornwall England. Sources: Censuses, 1939 register.
- CENSUS. Sandow; Mount Hawke;, 2 Apr 1871; Porthtowan Rd, Wheal Rose; son amended to grandson, aged 7, born St Agnes; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. St Agnes, 3 Apr 1881; at Short Cross, aged 16, son, tin miner, born St Agnes; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1881 census/AncestryCom.
- MARR. First marriage. Cornwall England. Sources: widower in 1893.
- MARR. Aged 28, widower, miner; married Clara Jane Carlyon [1871CL01], 5 Jun 1893 at Mount Hawke; both signed; witnesses John Sandow and R J Menadue. Registered 1893JUN Truro 5c/225. Cornwall England. Sources: Ross Index, GRO, REG/CFS. Children: William C 1893WI02, Stanley G 1897SY01, Anestia 1901AS01, Melville C 1899MV01, Harold C 1902HD01, Melville C 1905MV01, John H 1907JN01.
- CENSUS. J H Sandoe; St Agnes 31 Mar 1901; Short Cross, Mount Hawke; head, aged 39, tin miner, born at St Agnes; with wife Clara Jane 36, and children Wm Charles 4, S Gordon 4, Anestia 2m. Cornwall England. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom.
- CENSUS. Blackwater 2 Apr 1911; Short Cross, head, aged 45, tin miner, with wife Clara Jane 40, and children Stanley G 14, Anesta M 10, Harold C, Mellvile C 1905MV01, John H 3. Cornwall England. Sources: 1911 census index/FMP.
- 1939 Register. John H; Lanner 29 Sep 1939; at Pennance Farm, Pennance Lane; born 11 Feb 1875; farmer; married with wife Clara J and son John H. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page.
- Comments: Grandson of John 1818JN03 and Ophelia 1818OP01. Possible birth registration cf 1864JN02. Possible other marriage cf 1864JN03. Possible death cf 1863JN02, 1864JN09. Widower in 1893. Miner in 1881-1911.
Updated Jan 2018