John Stoneman Sandow
- BIRTH. Aged 8 in 1871, son of Joseph and Elizabeth, born Redruth; aged 27 in 1891; born around 1863-4; assumed registered Redruth 1863SEP 5c/268. Cornwall England. Sources: 1871 census, GRO.
- CENSUS. Redruth, 2 Apr 1871; son, aged 8, born Redruth; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1871 census index/Ross.
- CENSUS. John; Redruth 5 Apr 1891; 41 Miners Row; son, single, aged 27, mason, born Redruth; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1891 census/AncestryCom.
- MARR. Sando; married Alice Gribble 1865AL01; registered Redruth 1892SEP 5c/326. Cornwall England. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD. Children: John 1900JN03., Mary 1902MY01, Arthur 1903AR01, Annie 1910AN01.
- CENSUS. John Sando; Illogan 31 Mar 1901; Pool; son-in-law, aged 37, general mason, born Illogan; with Wife Alice 37 and son John 5m in mother-in-law Sarah Gribble’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom. Sarah Gribble is 1831SA02.
- CENSUS. Illogan; 2 Apr 1911; Pool; head, aged 47, mason, born at Redruth; with wife Alice 45, children John 10, Mary 8, Arthur 7, Annie 1, and boarders Mark and Susan Quintrell. Cornwall England. Sources: 1911 census/FMP.
- DEATH. John Sandow; died 1 Jun 1939 aged 75; gravestone 140 at Trevenson Church, Pool, with Alice; assumed registered Redruth 1939JUN 5c/198, aged 73. Cornwall England.
- Comments: Son of Joseph 1833JS01 and Elizabeth 1835EL05. Mason in 1891-1901.
Updated April 2010
Copyright 1995-2017 Sidney Wood