George Burrows 1863GE01
- BIRTH. Aged 18 in 1881, born at Newington, son of William; born around 1863; possible registration Newington 1863SEP 1d/176. Sources: 1881 census, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Walworth 3 Apr 1881; at 63 Beckway Rd, Newington; aged 18, son; tea packer; born at Newington; in father’s household. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Aged 21, leather trade, 36 Beckway St, son of William George Burrows, married Sophia Christina Sandoe 1868SO01, 4 Jan 1885 at St Mary Magdalene, Southwark; registered St Saviour 1885MAR 1d/146. Sources: GRO, REG/AncestryCom/page, mother-in-law’s DC. Children: Sophia 1887SO01, Arthur 1888AR01, Albert 1896AT01, Walter 1898WA01.
- CENSUS. Newington; 5 Apr 1891; 6 Darwin Buildings, Chatham Street; head, married, aged 26, leather warehouseman, born in London; with wife Sophia 24, children Sophia C 5, Arthur G 3, Emma Sandal 49, Albert Sandal 17. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page. Emma Sandal is mother-in-law Emma Sandoe 1840EM01; Albert Sandal is wife’s cousin 1873AT01.
- DEATH. Possibly died by 1903; possible registration Lambeth 1899DEC 1d/245. Sources: Sophia married again, GRO/FreeBMD, family split up in 1901.
- Comments: Son of William G 1821WI04 and Augusta 1828AU01.
Updated Mar 2018