William Henry Sandoe
- BIRTH. Registered Falmouth 1862DEC 5c/202; son of Henry and Jessie; born 17 Sep 1863. Cornwall England. Sources: GRO, BF, 1939 register.
- CENSUS. William Sandoe, 3 Apr 1881, West Derby; at 13 Seldon St, boarder, aged 18; telegraph clerk, born Falmouth; in Ronald Pritchard’s household; fellow boarder Phillip Batley 1859PH01 and Mrs Pritchard were also from Falmouth. Liverpool England. Sources: 1881 census index.
- MARR (1). Aged 22, clerk, of Cawdor St, son of Henry, deceased, clerk; married Phoebe Ann Parry 1859PB01, 17 Nov 1884 at St Michael’s, Toxteth; witnessed by Chas W Smith and W E Parry; registered Toxteth Park 1884DEC 8b457. Liverpool England. Sources: MC, GRO. Settled in Liverpool and Birkenhead. Possible Children John H 1886JN01; other possible children William V 1887WI01, [Mary J 1888MY01], Winifred 1889WN01, [John W 1890JN03]. Nb. William’s father recorded as clerk. Witness is bride’s sister Winifred E 1858WN01.
- MARR (2). Aged 32, widower, postal clerk, of Egremont, St John’s, Liskeard, son of Henry; dec’d tailor; married Ettie Mary Bartley 1863ET01, witnessed by Edwin Bartley and Jane H Sandoe; 4 Jul 1895 at Falmouth; registered Falmouth 1895SEP 5c/255; . Cornwall England. Sources: MC, GRO. Settled in Liverpool area. Presumed children William 1896WI02, Charles 1899CL01, Leslie A D 1903LE01
- CENSUS. William Sandoe; Wallasey 31 Mar 1901; Poulton-cum-Seacombe; head, aged 38; PO clerk, born Falmouth; with wife Etty M 38, son John H 14. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom.
- CENSUS. Birkenhead; 02 Apr 1911; 141 Woodchurch Rd; 6 rooms; head, aged 48, married; Post office superintendant; born Falmouth; with wife Etty M 47, son Leslie A D 4. Cheshire England. Sources: 1911 census (Birkenhead, Tranmere)/FMP.
- 1939 Register. William H; Cheltenham 29 Sep 1939; at 140 Hatherley Road; born 17 Sep 1863; head postmaster retired; married; with wife and son Leslie’s family. Sources: 1939 Register/FMP/page.
- DEATH. William H Sandoe; registered 1952SEP Newton A 7a/437, aged 90. Devon England. Sources: GRO. Assumed 1862WI02.
- Comments: Son of Henry 1827HE01 and Jessie 1832JE01. Post Office clerk. Birth presumably Sep 1862.
Updated Nov 2017