- BIRTH. Baptised 8 Nov 1857 at Lelant, son of John, labourer, and Jane, from Lelant Town; assumed registered 1857DEC Penzance 5c/294. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Lelant 7 Apr 1861; St Ives Road; son, aged 3; born Lelant; in mother’s household. Sources: 1861 censusu/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Lelant, 2 Apr 1871; son, aged 13; born Lelant; in mother’s household. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- EMIG. Embarked at Plymouth 3 Jun 1877 on the Oaklands for South Australia; aged 19, single, a railway worker. Sources: Passenger list//SA Archives/page; assumed 1857JN01 (other Johns accounted for).
- IMMIG. The Oakland arrived at Adelaide on 10 Sep 1877. Sources: Passenger list//SA Archives/page.
- MARR. Married Sarah Jane Head 1865SA02; 7 Jan 1882 in Kadena, South Australia. Sources: Thomas vol. 2 p. 733. Moved to Victoria and Tasmania around 1885. Children: James 1882JM01, Lillie J 1884LY03, John 1888JN02, Joseph 1889JS01, Ralph 1891RL01, William 1893WI05.
- DEATH. Died in 1919 at Echuca, Victoria; aged 60. Australia. Sources: Victoria Death Index/CFHS.
- Comments: Son of John 1827JN01 and Jane 1829JA01; identified marriage (son James 1882JM01 is nephew of Elizabeth 1854EL02 sister of John 1857JN01).
Updated Aug 2019