- BIRTH. Aged 23 in 1878, daughter of James, printer; aged 36 in 1891, born Crumpsall, Lancs; born around 1855; possible registration Manchester 1854JUN 8d/345. Sources: Marriage record, censuses, GRO/FreeBMD.
- MARR. Aged 23, servant, from Oxford Road; daughter of James (printer); married John Sandow [1852JN02]; 13 Apr 1878 at St Peter’s, Burnley; witnesses Abraham Charles Sandow and Betsy Knott; registered Burnley 1878JUN 8c/286. Sources: REG/FMP/page, GRO. Children: Gertrude 1881GT01, Mary E 1884MY01, James D 1886JM01, John 1888JN01, John C 1890JN01.
- CENSUS. Sarah Sandow; Easington 5 Apr 1891; 12 Nicholson Street, Castle Eden Colliery; wife, aged 36; born Lancshire, Crumpsall; in husband’s household, with children. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Sarah Sandow married Thomas Eddy [1852TH01; registered Easington 1893DEC 10a/581. Sources: GRO, together in 1901 with children. Children: Mabel 1895, William T 1897.
- CENSUS. Sarah Eddy; Barnsley 31 Mar 1901; John H Crescent, Hemsworth; wife, aged 47; born Lancs, Crumpsall; in husband’s household with children, two lodgers. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Sarah Eddy; Houghton-le-Spring, Durham 2 Apr 1811; 21 South Crescent, Fencehouses; wife, aged 56; born Manchester, Crumpsall; in husband’s household, children, one servant. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Sarah Eddy; registered Houghton 1915DEC 10a/5-6, aged 62. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD. Illegible registration number, possibly 10a/586.
- Comments: A daughter Lilly Knott 1875; daughter of James 1830JM02.
Updated Sep 2019