- BIRTH. Aged 19 at marriage in 1874, daughter of John; aged 19 when entering New Zealand in 1874, from Middlesex; aged 90 in 1942; born around 1852-1855. London England. Sources: Marriage record, immigration record, death record.
- MARR. Aged 19, of 5 Wellington St, daughter of John Palmer, baker, married James Sandoe 1851JM02, 22 Feb 1874 at St Peter’s, Bethnal Green, witnessed by Matthew Sandoe (signed) and Mary Ann Palmer (marked); registered 1874MAR 1c/525. London England. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, MC/MF, REG/AncestryCom/page, sailed for New Zealand in March 1874 already married. Children: James A 1876JM01, Frederick W 1878FK01, John M 1879JN03, William T 1881WI03, Amelia E 1883AM02, Thomas A 1887TH01.
- IMMIG. Jane Sandoe arrived at Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand, on the Halcione, 6 Jul 1874, from Middlesex; aged 19 with James Sandoe; assisted passage; sailed Mar 1874. Sources: NZ Immigration data.
- LAW. Magistrates Court, accused of assault, reported in The Star (Christchurch edition), identifed as “Mrs Sandoe nextdoor” to Mrs Caudle with daughter Mrs Sandoe; bound over to keep the peace. NZ. Sources: Newspaper report. Mrs Caudle and daughter are 1819EL02 and 1851AM01
- Roll. Jane Sandoe, domestic, on Asburton electoral roll 1894, Trevorton district. NZ. Sources: Ashburton Electoral Roll 1894.
- CENSUS. Jane Sandoe; 1930; at Alameda; mother, aged 74, born in England, parents born in England, immigrated 1930, alien. USA. Sources: 1930 US Census/AncestryCom.
- DEATH. Sandoe, 2 February 1942 at Geraldine, Jane, relict of James Blewett of Ashburton, aged 90 years. NZ. Sources: Newspaper death announcement.
Updated December 2010
Copyright 1995-2017 Sidney Wood