- BIRTH. Aged 33 in 1885, son of John, aged 48 in 1901, born at Bermondsey; born around 1852; registered 1852JUN Bermondsey 1d/62. London England. Sources: Marriage, 1901 census, GRO/FreeBMD.
- MARR. Bachelor, 33, painter, 71 Camplin St, New Cross, son of John Stotesbury, deceased painter married Emily Harriette Woolverton 1853EM03, 22 Oct 1885 at St Paul’s, Deptford; registered 1885DEC Greenwich 1d/1434. Kent England. Sources: REG/AncestryCom/page, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Deptford; 31 Mar 1901; 62 St Donatts Road; head, married, 48, carpenter, born at Bermondsey; with wife Emily H 47, children John M 14, Frank H 13, Mary P 11, Philip 4. London England. Sources: 1901 census/AncestryCom/page.
- LAW. Stokesbury. Character witness at Old Bailey 12 Jan 1908 for wife’s stepfather James Talbot who was killed by motor car, driver charged and acquitted for manslaughter. London England. Sources: OldBaileyOnline.
- Comments. Painter, carpenter.
Updated December 2010
Copyright 1995-2017 Sidney Wood