- BIRTH. Aged 9 in 1861, born Kenwyn, son of John and Johanna; aged 24 in 1878; born around 1852-55; baptised 20 Feb 1852 at Chacewater, son of John, miner, and Joanna, from Kenwyn. Sources: 1861 census, marriage record, REG/COPC.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn, 7 Apr 1861; at Twelveheads; aged 9; son; born Kenwyn; in father’s household. Sources: 1861 census.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn, 2 Apr 1871; at Twelveheads; aged 19; son; tin and copper miner; born Kenwyn; in father’s household. Sources: 1871 census, 1871 census index/Ross.
- MARR. Aged 24, miner, from Oxford Road; son of John (miner), married Sarah Knott [1855SA01]; 13 Apr 1878 at St Peter’s, Burnley; witnesses Abraham Charles Sandow and Betsy Knott; registered Burnley 1878JUN 8c/286. Sources: REG/FMP/page, GRO. Children at Easington: Gertrude 1881GT01, Mary 1884MY01, James D 1886JM01, John 1888JN01, John C 1890JN01.
- CENSUS. Easington 5 Apr 1891; 12 Nicholson Street, Castle Eden Colliery; head, aged 37; coal miner; born Cornwall, Chacewater, Wheal Fortune Hill; with wife Sarah 36, Lilly Knott 16, children Gertrude 9, Mary E 6, James D 4, John Chas 8m. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Registered 1892SEP Easington 10a/213; aged 39. Sources: GRO.
- Comments: Son of John 1825JN02 and Johanna 1828JO01; cf 1851JN01, 1851JN02, 1851JN03
Updated Sep 2019