Emily Sophia Spooner
- BIRTH. Aged 9, daughter of Ann Eliza, in 1861; aged 29 in 1881, born at Plymouth; draper’s daughter, born around 1852; assumed registered Plymouth 1851DEC 9/380. Sources: 1881 census, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Plymouth 7 Apr 1861; Halwell House; daughter, aged 9, born Plymouth, in mother’s household. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Plymouth; 3 April 1881; at 23 Portland Square; head, aged 29, draper’s daughter, born at Plymouth; with nephew and 2 servants. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Plymouth 5 Apr 1891; 23 Portland Square; head, Single, aged 39; living on own means; born Plymouth; with nephew and niece; one visitor. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Edward Mitchell [1848ED01]; registered Hendon 1899MAR 3a/295. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, together in 1911.
- CENSUS. Emily S Mitchell; Petersfield, Southampton, 31 Mar 1901; Station Rd; visitor, M, aged 49; wife of agricultural merchant; born Plymouth; in Ann E Summerhill’s household. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page. Ann Summerhill is sister, wife of Wesleyan minister.
- CENSUS. Emily Sophia Mitchell; Lelant 2 Apr 1911; at Riverside; wife, aged 59; married 12 years; born at Plymouth; in husband’s household. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Emily S Mitchell; registered 1935JUN Penzance 5c/241 aged 83; died 5 Jun 1935, buried at Lelant. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, Cornwall Memorial Inscrioptions/FMP.
- Comments. Daughter of Joseph J Spooner 1812JS01 and Ann Eliza 1822AN04.
Updated Jan 2021