- BIRTH. Aged 10 in 1861, daughter of John and Elizabeth; born around 1851; born 13 Dec 1850, baptised 6 Jul 1851 at St Dunstan in the East, daughter of John Bridgett (porter) and Elizabeth Ann of 4 Carpenter Court; possibly registered 1869DEC Islington 1b/217. London England. Sources: 1861 census, death registration, REG/AncestryCom/page.
- CENSUS. Hackney, 7 Apr 1861; at 38 — (near Holly St); daughter, aged 10, born in the City of London; in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1861 census/AncestryCom. Street not named.
- MARR. Minor, South Hackney, daughter of John Bridger Caudle (baker), married William Henry Sandoe 1849WI01 around 1867; 26 Aug 1867 at St John of Jerusalem, Hackney; registered Hackney 1867DEC 1b/672. London England. Sources: Parent in London around 1867, GRO/FreeBMD, REG/AncestryCom/page. Children: William J 1867WI02.
- IMMIG. Amelia Sandoe arrived at Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, on 6 Jul 1874, on the Halcione; with husband William and son William; assisted immigration; sailed 24 Mar 1874. Sources: NZ Immigration Data.
- LAW. Mrs Sandoe; Magistrates Court, mother Mrs Caudle is plaintiff, accusing the “Mrs Sandoe nextdoor” of assault, reported in The Star (Christchurch edition), 21 Mar 1887. NZ. Sources: Newspaper report. Mother Mrs Caudle is 1819EL02; accused Mrs Sandoe nextdoor is 1855JA02.
- DEATH. Amelia Sandoe died 1921 at Melbourne, Victoria; aged 70; daughter of John and Elizabeth. Australia. Sources: Victoria Death Index/CFHS.
- Comments: Daughter of John 18217N04 and Elizabeth 1819EL02.
Updated April 2010