- BIRTH. Aged 33 in 1881, born at St Neot; aged 19 in 1868, son of John, taylor; born around 1848-49; baptised 3 Jun 1849 at St Neot, son of John, taylor, and Ann, from village. Sources: Census, marriage record, REG/COPC.
- MARR. Married Mary Jane Hender [1846MY05]; registered Liskeard 1868JUN 5c/113; aged 19, labourer, from St Cleer,son of John, taylor, married Mary Jane Hender [1846MY05] 11 Apr 1868 at St Neot. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, REG/COPC, together in 1871. Children: 1868 Ellen, Emily 1869EM02, Camilla E 1869CM01, Mary J 1870MY02, William J 1875WI05.
- CENSUS. Mayne; St Neot 2 Apr 1871; Ambrose Lake; son-in-law, aged 22, miner, born St Neot; with wife Mary J 24, with children Emily 3, Camilla 2, Mary J 4m, in John Hender’s household. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Mayne; St Neot 3 Apr 1881; Ambrose Lake; head, aged 33, lead miner, born at St Neot; with wife Mary 32; children Ellen 12, Mary J 10, William J 5; father-in-law John Hender 62. 1881 census/AncestryCom. John Hender is 1819JN03.
- Comments. Died by 1891, wife a widow.
Updated Dec 2021