- BIRTH. Aged 4 in 1851, born Kea; 16 in 1861, 24 in 1871; son of William and Joanna; born around 1845-47; assumed registered 1847MAR Truro 9/341. Cornwall England. Sources: censuses, GRO.
- CENSUS. Chacewater 30 Mar 1851; aged 4; son; born Kea; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census.
- CENSUS. Kea, 7 Apr 1861; aged 16; son; work at mine; born Kea; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1861 census.
- MARR. Full age, miner, from Chacewater, son of William, miner; married Maria Sandow [1844MA02]; 11 Sep 1870 at Chacewater; witnesses Henry Paull (Faull?) and Michael Williams; assumed registered Truro 1870SEP 5c/183. Cornwall England. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO. Witnesses are 1845HE02 and 1837MI02. Children: William H, Thomas J, Fred, Richard, Nick, George, Mrs T, J, Ninnis, Mrs E. J. Baker, Minnie, Mable (all mourners in 1917).
- CENSUS. Richard Sandoe; Kea 2 Apr 1871; at Kerley; head, aged 24; tin miner; born Kea; with wife Maria 27. Cornwall England. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CITIZENSHIP. Naturalised USA citizen 10 Nov 1884 at Nevada City, California, USA; witnesses James Rodda and Simon Lanyon. Sources: NC/NF.
- DEATH. Died 20 Feb 1917 at Nevada City, aged 70; California, USA. Sources: DF.
- OBIT. Death report in Nevada City paper The Union 21 Feb 1917; mourned by wife and 10 children and sister; settled first in Michigan; then 37 years in California; brother, John still in England. Sources: DF.
- Comments: Son of William 1813WI01 and Joanna 1817JO01. Other possible birth registration cf 1843RI01.
Updated Sep 2021