- BIRTH. Baptised 31 Mar 1850 at St Thomas Charterhouse, Finsbury; son of John Richard and Sarah, born 14 May 1847; 5 Starch Alley, carpenter; registered Recardoe 1847JUN, E London 2/217. London England. Sources: BC/BF, GRO, IGI.
- CENSUS. Charterhouse; St Lukes; 30 Mar 1851; at White Cross Street, Starch Alley; son, 3, in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1851 census/AncestryCom/page.
- CENSUS. Richard; 7 Apr 1861; 14 Triangle Church Fields; son, aged 12, scholar; born Cripplegate, Middlesex; in father’s household. London England. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Bachelor, aged 23, skin cutterer, 16 Radford St, son of John Sandoe, carpenter; married Esther Smith 1850ES01; 21 May 1871 at St Mary’s, Newington; registered 1871JUN St Saviour 1d/189; witnesses Thomas Smith and Emily Chalk. London England. Sources: MC/MF, GRO. MC has St Peter’s, Walworth. Children: Albert 1873AT01, Esther 1874ES01, Ricardo 1875RI01, Robert T 1877RO01, Alfred E 1878AF01, Bertie H 1880BE01, Robert H 1885RO01, Esther M 1887ES01, John F 1890JN02.
- CENSUS. Newington, 3 Apr 1881; at 42 Bedford St; aged 40; furrier; born Middlesex, City; with children Alfred 3; Ricardoe 6; Berti 18 months; London, Southwark. London England. Sources: 1881 census index.
- DEATH. Died 6 Aug 1901 at 7 Flint St, Southwark; aged 51; iron warehouseman; heart disease 4 m, anasarea; son A E Sandoe present, resident at 7 Flint St; registered 1901SEP Southwark 1d/76; aged 51; London. London England. Sources: GRO, DC/DF. Son is 1873AT01.
- Comments: Son of John Richards 1798JN01 and Sarah 1807SA01.
Updated November 2010