- BIRTH. Aged 5 in 1851, born St Ives, son of James and Elizabeth; born around 1846. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census.
- CENSUS. St Ives 30 Mar 1851; at Stennack, aged 5, son, scholar, born St Ives; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census.
- IMMIG. Arrived in South Australia 1865 on the Electric; cabinet maker, builder, orchardist; settled at Moonta and Kadina; methodist. Sources: BISA p. 1426.
- MARR. Ellen Gray 1846EN01; 8 Sep 1870 at Moonta Mines; witnesses Catherine Nancarrow and William Gray; BISA has 3 Apr; aged 25, cabinet maker of Kadina. Australia. Sources: REG, BISA p. 1426. Children: Elizabeth 1872EL02, Lily 1873LY02, James 1875GE01, Elizabeth M 1877EL01, George S 1879GE01, William G 1880WI03, John S R 1882JN01, John 1884JN01, Ellen C 1886EN01, Stanley R 1888 SY01, two other sons.
- DEATH. Died 21 May 1914 in South Australia; buried at Hahndorf. Sources: BISA p. 1426.
- Comments: Son of James 1812JM01 and Elizabeth 1813EL01 Possible birth registration 1845GE01.
Updated January 2011