Edward Joseph Merredew
- BIRTH. Aged 54 when married in 1900, son of Joseph Merredew; aged 54 in 1901, born St Pancras; born around 1846-47. London England. Sources: Census, Marriage record.
- CENSUS. Edward Meredrew; St Pancras 30 Mar 1851; 9 South Row; grandson, aged 4; born St Pancras; with parents in grandfather’s household. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Edward; Clerkenwell 7 Apr 1861; 14 Caledonian Crescent; grandson, aged 14; apprentice wheelwright; born St Pancras; in grandfather’s 72 household, with mother Catherine 35 and family; father not at home. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Edward Joseph Merredew married Mary Ann Fish; registered St Saviour 1870JUN 1d/34. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, together in 1971. Children Edward C 1872, Nellie 1877.
- CENSUS. Edward J Merridew; Birmingham 2 Apr 1871; 45 Greque Street; visitor, aged 24; cigar maker; born Middlesex, St Pancras; in James Heasman’s household, with wife Mary Ann 22. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page. Mary Ann born Walworth, Surrey.
- CENSUS. Edward J; Aston 3 Apr 1881; & vicarage Rd, court 2; head aged 34; cigar maker, unemployed; born London; with wife Mary A 32, children Edward C 9, Nellie 4. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Edward J; Lambeth 5 Apr 1891; 66 Dorset Road; head, aged 44; cigar maker; born St Pancras; with wife Mary, children Edward 19, Nellie 14. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page. Lived in Birmingham 1870-80 (children’s births); wife Mary Ann died in 1898 (GRO).
- MARR. Aged 54, cigar maker of 103 Lynton Rd, widower, son of Joseph Merredew, deceased wheelwright, married Louisa Sandoe [1846LO01] at Grange Road chapel 13 Sep 1900, witnessed Alfred Sandoe and Nellie Merredew; registered 1900SEP St Olave 1d/523. London England. Sources: GRO, MC/MF.
- CENSUS. Meridew; London, Bermondsey 30 Mar 1901; 201 Fort Road; head, aged 54; cigar maker; born London, St Pancras; with wife Louisa 55. Sources: 1901 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Edward; Bermondsey 2 Apr 1911; head, aged 64; cigar maker; born St Pancras. Sources: 1911 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Edward J; registered St Olave 1933DEC 1d/139, aged 87. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments: Son of Joseph 1825JS01 and Catherine (Cole).
Updated Oct 2019