Sarah Ann Sandoe
- BIRTH. Aged 18m in Jun 1841, born around Dec 1839; baptised 10 Jan 1840 at Falmouth, daughter of William and Harriet Smithen; assumed registered Falmouth 1840MAR 9/87; Sarah Ellen on birth certificate, born Well Lane, Falmouth. Cornwall England. Sources: 1841 census, IGI, GRO, BF.
- CENSUS. Falmouth 06 Jun 1841; at Porham St, aged 18m, born in Cornwall; with mother. Cornwall England. Sources: COCP1841 (HO107/154 ED9 Folio 11 p.1).
- CENSUS. Truro, 30 Mar 1851; at 24 Old Bridge Street, aged 11, scholar, born Falmouth; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census.
- MARR. Married Walter Henry Peckham [1837WL01], 28 May 1858 at Southampton; witnessed by Victoria Sandoe; registered 1858JUN Southampton 2a-40. Hampshire England. Sources: GRO, MF. Cf sister Harriet J 1827HA01 also married at Southampton. Moved to Southwark, descendents in USA. Sources: MF. Witness is bride’s sister 1838VA01.
- CENSUS. London, Southwark; Sarah A Peckham; 7 Apr 1861; at Joiner Street; wife, aged 21; tailoress; born Falmouth; in husband’s household, with daughter Helen L 3m. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- Comments: Daughter of William 1803WI02 and Harriet Smithen 1805HA01.
Updated February 2019