- BIRTH. Aged 3 in 1841, born in Cornwall, in Joseph and Margaret Sandoe’s household; aged 12 in 1851, son of Margaret, born Calstock, born around 1839; son of Joseph, miner, in 1856; born around 1838-39; assumed registered 1838JUN Liskeard 9/166. Cornwall England. Sources: 1841 and 1851 census, marriage record, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Joseph Sandoe; Calstock, 06 Jun 1841; at Horrowbeer, aged 3, born in Cornwall; in Joseph and Margaret Sandoe’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1841 census/COCP.
- CENSUS. Sandoe; Calstock, 30 Mar 1851; at Horrowbeer; son, aged 12, mine labourer; born Calstock; in mother’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Eliza Jane Peters [1836EL05]; registered 1859DEC Stoke D 5b/611; 6 Dec 1859 at Devonport St Paul. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, REG/FMP, together in 1861. Children: Elizabeth Jane 1863EL03, William 1869WI01.
- CENSUS. Calstock, 7 Apr 1861; at Rising Sun; head, aged 22, copper miner, born Calstock; with wife Eliza 25. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Harriet Vial 1825HA01, registered Plymouth 1875SEP 5b/462. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- DEATH. Buried 6 Apr 1879 at Calstock, aged 40 from Harrowbarrow Terrace; assumed registered Sandoe, Southampton 1878DEC 2c/27. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO/FreeBMD, wife widow in 1881.
- Comments: Son of Joseph 1797JS01 and Margaret 1799MG02. Possible birth registration cf 1838JS01.
Updated Jan 2021