Mary Sandow Wasley
- BIRTH. Born 25 Apr 1838 at St Ives; daughter of George, publican, and Candace, formerly Sandow. Cornwall England. Sources:BC/BF.
- CENSUS. St Ives 30 Mar 1851; at 16 St Andrews St; dau, aged 12; inkeeper; born St Ives; in father’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1851 census.
- MARR. Aged 19, daughter of George Wasley, farmer, married William Edward Quick 1835WI03; 4 May 1857 at St Ives;.witnesses Charlotte and Joanna Hocking. Cornwall England. Sources: MC/MF, REG/COPC. Children: William E 1858WI04, Nathaniel W 1860WT01, George W 1863GE02. Reported 8 May in the Royal Cornwall Gazette.
- IMMIG. Mary Sandow Quick arrived 23 Aug 1857 at Melbourne on the Dragoon; with husband. Australia. Sources: Passenger list/IF.
- MARR. Mary Sandow Quick married George William Roberts 1839GE01; 17 Nov 1865 at Springhill, Creswick, Victoria; witnesses Nathaniel Williams Quick and Jane Williams Quick; widow 9 Jul 1863, born St Ives, Cornwall, aged 27, daughter of George Wasley and Candace Sandow; two live children, one dead. VIC AUS.Sources: MC/MF. Children: Sarah J N 1866SA01, Charlotte S 1867CT01, Rosetta 1869RT01, George W 1870GE01, Mary S 1872MY04, Joseph 1874JS01, Albert 1876AT01, Edgar 1877EG01, Ernest 1879ER01, Edgar J 1880EG01.
- Comments: Daughter of George 1803GE01 and Candace 1800CN01 Witnesses in 1857 are 1832CT02 1832JO01.
Updated Feb 2019