- BIRTH. Aged 4 in 1841; born around 1837.baptised 11 Mar 1837 at St Agnes, son of William, miner, and Elizabeth, from Wheal Butson. Sources: Census, REG/COPC.
- CENSUS. Binney;.St Agnes 6 Jun 1841; at Wheal Butson; aged 4; with Elizabeth 25 and Elizabeth 1. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Possibly married Miriam Ann Barkel [1837MM01] 6 Jul 1856 at Liskeard; registered Liskeard 1856SEP 5c/129. Sources: REG/COPC GRO/FreeBMD, both families together at St Agnes, not seen in 1850s.
- CENSUS. Benney; St Agnes 7 Apr 1861; at Tregellas Downs; son. aged 24, unm; tin miner; born St Agnes; in mother’s household wid aged 46 and two brothers. Sources 1861 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Married Elizabeth Anon [1843EL03] around 1864. Sources: Parents around 1864, together in 1881. Children John 1864, William H 1871, Elizabeth 1872, Lilly 1875, Edward 1877, Joseph 1880.
- CENSUS. Benny; St Agnes 3 Apr 1881; at Barkla shop; head, aged 44; coal carrier; born St Agnes; with wife Elizabeth 38; six children 1-17. Sources; 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. St Agnes 4 Apr 1891; at Barkle Shop; head, aged 54; Carrier Cart; born St Stephen; with wife Elizabeth 48; four children 11-20. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. St Agnes 31 Mar 1901; at Mithian; head, aged 64, widr; disabled tin miner, half blind; born St Agnes; with Wm Hy 30, Janie 29, Edward 23, Joseph 21
- CENSUS. St Agnes 2 Apr 1911; at Trevellas; father-in-law, aged 74, wid; retiired tin miner; born St Agnes; in son-in-law James Morcom’s household with daughter Lilly Morcom 38.
- DEATH. Benney; buried 7 Sep 1915 at Mithian, aged 77 from Trevellas Downs. Sources: REG/COCP
- Comments Son of William 1811WI04 and Elizabeth 1815EL01
Updated May 2023