Mary Hicks Matthews
- BIRTH. Aged 19 when married at Kenwyn in 1854, daughter of Joseph; aged 53 in 1889; aged 35 in 1871, born Kenwyn; aged 45 in 1881, daughter of Susan; born around 1836. Cornwall England. Sources: Marriage record, 1871 census, death registration.
- MARR. Aged 19, of Chacewater, daughter of Joseph, miner, married Josiah Sandow 1829JH01; 11 Apr 1854 at Kenwyn; witnesses Henry Grambols and Oliver Matthews; assumed registered Truro 1854JUN 5c/319. Cornwall England. Cornwall England. Sources: REG/COPC, Gravestone, GRO, MI/CFHS, together in 1871. Children: William J 1860, Susan 1860SU01, Elizabeth 1864EL01, William 1869WI06. Witness is 1829OL01.
- IMMIG. Miss Mary H Sando arrived in Victoria in 1858, single, on the Agincourt. Australia. Sources: VPRS 2766. Presumably travelling alone and so listed as single.
- CENSUS. Mary Sandow; Chacewater, 2 Apr 1871; aged 35; wife; born Kenwyn; a daughter born in Australia in 1861; in husband’s household. Cornwall England. Sources: 1871 census.
- CENSUS. Mary H Sandow; Kenwyn 3 Apr 1881; at Fore St, wife aged 45; in husband’s household with mother Susan Matthews. Cornwall England. Sources: 1881 census index.
- DEATH. Mary Hicks Sandow died 20 Oct 1889 aged 53; gravestone 535 at Chacewater Church with Josiah and 2 children; registered 1889DEC Truro 5c/105, aged 53; buried Chacewater 24 Oct 1889, died at Kerbstone. Cornwall England. Sources: GRO, REG, MI/CFHS.
- Comments: Daughter of Joseph 1807JS01 and Susan 1807SU01.
Updated Mar 2010