Mary Ann Smith
- BIRTH. Aged 6 in 1841, born around 1835 at Kea; daughter of Thomas and Sophia. Sources: Census.
- CENSUS, Mary Smith; Kea 6 Jun 1841; at Tomperrow; aged 6; with Thomas 55, Sophia 50, and three Oats children. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Mary A C Smith; Kea 30 Mar 1851; at Back Downs; daughter aged 16, unm; born Kea; in mother’s household with halfbrother Nicholas Oates 25. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Daughter of Thomas. schoolmaster, married James Deeble [1824JM02]; 14 May 1857 at Baldhu, witnesses Benjmin Segwin and Annie Coode; reported in West Briton 22 May 1857 and Royal Cornwall Gazette 15 May 1857 Sources: REG/COCP. Children: Elizabeth A 1858EL04, James 1859JM01, Eleanor 1863EN01, Mary 1865MY05, William 1865WI02, William S 1868WI02.
- CENSUS. Deeble; Kea 7 Apr 1861; at Cusveorth Combe; wife, aged 26; born Kea; in husband’s household; mother next door. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Mary Ann Deeble; Kenwyn, 2 Apr 1871; at Seviock railway crossing; widow aged 36; farmer 6 acres; born Kea; with children Elizabeth A 13, James 11, Mary 7, Ellen 5, William 2. Sources: 1871 census.
- CENSUS. Deeble; Kenwyn 3 Apr 1881; at Seveock; head, aged 46, widow; grocer; born Kenwyn; with Eleanor17, Mary 15, William 12. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Mary Ann Deeble; Kenwyn 5 Apr1891; at Seveock; aged 56, head, widow, farmer, consumption; with son-in-law Richard Goldsworthy 34, daughter Mary Goldsworthy 25, daughter Eleanor Doble 27, grandson William J Doble 6, visitor Ann Oates wid 50. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Mary Ann Deeble; buried 15 Apr 1891 at Baldhu; aged 53 from Seveock. Sources: REG/COCP.
- Comments: Daughter of Thomas 1782TH03 and Sophia 1791SO01. Grocer and farmer in 1869, farmer in 1871, 1891.
Updated: May 2023