- BIRTH. Baptised 5 Jul 1834 at Philleigh, son of William, labourer, and Philippa. Sources: IGI, REG/CRO.
- CENSUS. Philleigh, 6 Jun 1841; at Churchtown, aged 6, born in Cornwall; in William Sandoe’s household. Sources: PRO/1841 census, 1841 census/COCP.
- CENSUS. Philleigh, 30 Mar 1851; at Churchtown; agr lab; 16; born Philleigh; in father’s household. Sources: 1851 census.
- WITN. Witnessed marriage of 1837EL01 and 1830JM01 14 Jun 1856 at Philleigh. Sources: Marriage record.
- MARR. Aged 28, carpenter, son of William Sandoe, labourer; married Jane Emily Thomas [1831JA01]; 31 Mar 1860 at Cury; witnesses John Woolcock Northey and Mary James; registered 1860MAR Helston 5c/335. Sources: MC, GRO. Witnesses are 1835JN02 and 1835MY. Settled in London in Clapham and Battersea. Children: Elizabeth A 1862EL01, daughter 1866NN01, Marian U 1867MY01, Richard J S 1868RI01, William F 1872WI02.
- CENSUS. Clapham, 7 Apr 1861; 60 Crescent Rd; head; carpenter; age 28, born Philleigh; with wife Emily Jane. Sources: 1861 census Two other families in the house.
- CENSUS. .Clapham; 2 Apr 1871; 7 Crescent Rd, head, married, aged 38, carpenter out of employ, born Philleigh; with wife Emily, children Elizabeth 8, Sidney 2. Sources: 1871 census (RG9/698). One other family in the house.
- CENSUS. Battersea, 3 Apr 1881; 3 Brougham St; head, aged 50, carpenter, born Cornwall; with wife Jane; children Elizabeth 18, Sydney 13. Sources: 1881 census (RG011/648 ED48a). One other family in house.
- DEATH. Died 1 Nov 1886 at Union Infirmary, Battersea; general labourer; pulmonary and laryngeal phthisis; age 55; of 14 Bagley St, E Battersea; registered 1886DEC Wandsworth 1d/392; aged 55. Sources: GRO, DC.
- Comments: Son of William 1802WI01 and Philippa 1806PH01. Agricultural labourer in 1851, carpenter from 1860. Possible namesake uncle Francis Palmer 1790FR01.
Updated: March 2009