- BIRTH. Aged 10 in 1841; aged 50 in 1881, born at Penzance; born around 1831; baptised 6 Oct 1830 at Madron, Penzance Chapelry, son of Francis , schoolmaster, and Mary. Sources: Censuses, REG COPC.
- CENSUS. Helston 6 Jun 1841; at Wendron Street; aged 10, born in Cornwall; in William Trounson’s household. Sources: COCP1841 (HO107/139, Book 8, ED4, Folio 28, Pages 3-4). William Trounson is uncle 1797WI03.
- MARR. James Sandow Trounson married Hannah Brayshay 1834HA01; registered Halifax 1858SEP 9a/508. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, together in 1881. Settled at Lee and Lewisham (Kent) and Croydon (Surrey), nb. brother John 1826JN06 also at Lee. Children: Emma B 1863EM05, Francis T 1864FR02, Annie S 1866AN02, Jessie E 1867JS03, Herbert J 1871HB01, Ernest W 1874ER01, Alfred J 1876AF01. Other possible child Jane E 1852JA01.
- CENSUS. Lewisham; 2 Apr 1871: at 2 Court Terrace; head, aged 40; cashier born Penzance; with wife Hannah 37, children Emma 8, Frank 7, Annie 5, Jessie 4, Herbert 3 wks, 2 servants, one boarder. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Croydon 3 Apr 1881; at 2 Alexandra Terrace, Penge Rd; head, aged 50, soliciter’s clerk, born at Penzance; with wife Hannah 47, children Emma B 18, Francis T 17, Annie S 15, Jessie E 14, Alfred J 5; sister-in-law Jane Brayshay 53; 2 servants. Sources: 1881 census.
- CENSUS. Croydon 5 Apr 1891; at 92 Penge Road; head, aged 60; clerk and cashier; born Penzance; with wife Anna 57, children Emma 28, Francis 28, Herbert 20, sister-in-law Jane Brayshay 63. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- Comments. Son of Francis 1793FR02 and Mary 1793MY04. Solicitor’s clerk in 1881.
Updated Feb 2019