- BIRTH. Aged 23 in 1852, daughter of James; aged 49 in 1881, born at Whitechapel; born 30 Mar 1829, baptised 22 Apr 1829, daughter of James and Jane Swayne, George Yard, victualer, at St Mary’s, Whitechapel. Sources: Marriage, census, REG/AncestryCom/page.
- CENSUS. St George the Martyr; 6 Jun 1841; 2 Red Lion Passage; aged 12, born in Middlesex; in father’s household. Sources: 1841 census/AncestryCom/page. GRO/FreeBMD, REG/AncestryCom/page.
- MARR. Spinster, aged 23, servant, daughter of James Swayne, sherif’s officer, married Isaac Cock 1828IS01, 12 Sep 1852 at St Leonard’s, Shoreditch; registered Shoreditch 1852SEP 1c/484. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, REG/AncestryCom/page. Children: Jane A 1854JA01, Emma C 1859EM01.
- MARR. Spinster, aged 28, Fuller St, daughter of James Swayne, publican, married Isaac Sandoe 1828IS01, 10 Mar 1863 at St Philip’s, Bethnal Green; registered Bethnal Green 1863MAR 1c/577. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, REG/AncestryCom/page/SW, BC of 1869SA01, together in 1881. Children: James I 1865JM02, Sarah J 1869SA01, possibly 1870HA01.
- CENSUS. Sandoe; London 2 Apr 1871; 167 Stepney Green, Tower Hamlets; wife, aged 42; seaman’s wife; born at Whitechapel; with children Margaret 13, James 6, Jessie 1. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Sarah Sands; Hamlet 3 Apr 1881; 250 Oxford St, Mile end; wife, aged 49, born at Whitechapel; in husband’s household. Sources: 1881 Census/Ancestry/Com. Assumed transcription error for Sando.
- CENSUS. Sarah Sandoe; Hamlet 05 Apr 1891; 15 Charles St; aged 62, wid, born London; lodging with daughter Jessie in James Burr’s housold. Sources: 1891 Census/AncestryCom. James Burr is 1830JM04.
- CENSUS. Sarah Sandoe; Mile End 31 Mar 1901; 28 Charles St; aged 62, wid, born Whitechapel; lodging with daughter Jessie in Elizabeth Todd’s houshold. Sources: 1901 Census/AncestryCom.
- DEATH. Sarah Sandoe; registered 1909JUN Bethnal Green 1c/101; aged 70. Sources: GRO.
- Comments. Daughter of James 1773JM02 and Jane 1787JA03. The Cock couple changed name to Sandoe in 1863.
Updated Jul 2019