- BIRTH. Aged 26 in 1852, son of Stephen Cock; aged 30 in 1863, son of Stephen Sandoe; aged 53 in 1881, born in Cornwall; born around 1826-33; baptised 26 Feb 1826 at Calstock, son of Stephen, miner, and Ann. Sources: 1881 census, marriages, REG/COPC.
- MARR. Isaac Cock, 26, bachelor, mariner, son of Stephen Cock, mariner, married Sarah Swayne 1829SA01 12 Sep 1852 at St Leonard’s, Shoreditch; registered 1852SEP Shoreditch 1c/484. Sources: REG/AncestryCom/Page, GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Jane A 1854JA01, Emma C 1859EM01.
- MARITIME. Isaac Sandoe, boatswain, aged 41, from Great Britain; in crew of John Bunyon of Aberdeen, arriving at Sydney from London on 27 May 1857. Sources: NSW State Records/passenger list.
- LAW. Sydney NSW 6 Jun 1857; Water Police Court; Seaman James Towns charged “with having violently assaulted Isaac Sandoe, the second mate of the John Bunyan”. Sources: Report in the Sydney Morning Herald 8 Jun 1857.
- MARR. Bachelor, aged 30, mariner, 2 Fuller St, son of Stephen Sandoe mariner, married Sarah Swayne 1829SA01, 10 March 1863 at St Philip’s, Bethnal Green; both signed; registered 1863MAR Bethnal Green 1c/577. Sources: Parents in 1865, together in 1881, REG/AncestryCom/page, GRO/FreeBMD. Children: Sarah J 1869SA01, James I 1865JM02, possibly 1870HA01.
- LAW. Isaac Sandoe; Melbourne, Victoria, 25 Oct 1869; at Williamstown; fined with three others for being drunk and disorderly. Sources: Report in The Herald.
- LAW. Isaac Sando; Wellington NZ 11 Feb 1878; detained for drunkenness at Magistrates Court. Sources: Report in Evening Post (Wellington).
- CENSUS. Isaac Sands; Hamlet 03 Apr 1881; 250 Oxford St, Mile End; head, aged 53, sailor, born in Cornwall; with wife Sarah 42, son James 16. Sources: 1881 census/AncestryCom. Assumed transcription error for Sando.
- DEATH. Died by 1891. Sources: wife a widow.
- Comments. A mystery, changing name to Sandoe by 1863; died by 1891 (wife a widow).
Updated Jun 2020