- BIRTH. Aged 14 at Mount Horam in 1841, in John Sandow’s household; aged 24 when married at Kenwyn in 1851, son of John, miner; aged 24 when married at Kenwyn in 1852, son of John, miner; aged 32 in 1861, born Kenwyn; born around 1827/29. Sources: Marriage records, censuses.
- CENSUS. William Sandon; Kenwyn 6 Jun 1841; at Mount Horam, aged 14, born in Cornwall; in John Sandon’s household. Sources: 1841 census/COCP, 1841 census/FMP/page. Assumed Sandow, transcribed Sandon; John Sandow is father 1799JN03. Future wives Caroline and Elizabeth are neighbours.
- CENSUS. Sandow; Kenwyn 31 Mar 1851; aged 25, son, unm: miner; born Kenwyn; in father’s household, also servant Caroline Kestle 18. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page. Future wives Caroline and Elizabeth are neighbours.
- MARR. Aged 24, miner of Penstrace, son of John Sandoe, miner; married Caroline Kessell [1832CL01]; 24 Jul 1851 at Kenwyn; witnesses Emma Carbis and Sarah Grose; registered 1851SEP Truro 9/360. MC has Keppell. Sources: MC, GRO/FreeBMD, REG/COPC. Witnesses are 1826EM01 and 1826SA01. Children: Josiah 1851JH02.
- MARR. Miner aged 24 from Penstrace, son of John Sandoe, miner; married Elizabeth Nichols [1825CH01] 15 Aug 1852 at Kenwyn; witnesses T G Hicks and Mary Mugford; registered 1852SEP Truro 5c/260. Sources: MC, GRO. Witnesses 1728TH01 and 1826MY04. Children: Eliza Jane 1854EL07, William 1856WI05, Clara 1857CR01, Lavinia 1857LV01, Matilda 1859ML01, Thomas N 1861TH01, Walter 1863WL01.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn, 7 Apr 1861; at Mount Horam; aged 32; copper miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Elizabeth 36; children Josiah 10, Eliza 7, William 5, Clara 4, Lavinia 3, Matilda 1. Sources: 1861 census.
- DEATH: Died by 1871. Sources: wife a widow.
- Comments: Assumed son of John 1799JN03 and Jane 1791JA01. Miner at Penstrase in 1851, Mount Horam in 1861. Married same day as assumed brother 1824HE01 in 1852, same witnesses.
Updated: Jan 2019