Sarah Ann Wasley
- BIRTH. Aged 13 in 1841; aged 22 in 1851, daughter of Elizabeth; aged 26 in 1858, daughter of John, miner; aged 29 in 1861; born around 1828-32; baptised 3 May 1827 at Gwennap, daughter of John, miner, and Elizabeth. from Gwennap poor house. Sources: censuses, marriage record, REG/COPC.
- CENSUS. Ann; Gwennap 6 Jun 1841; at Little Trevince; aged 13; in mother’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Gwennap 30 Mar 1851; at Tresamble; daughter aged 22; employed at mines; born Gwennap; in mother’s household. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Spinster, of Lemon Street, aged 26, daughter of John Wasley, miner; married William Sandoe [1832WI01; 12 Sep 1858 at Kenwyn; witnesses Enoch Sandoe and Mary Bray; registered 1858SEP Truro 5c/262. Sources: MC/MF, GRO. William’s father is 1803WI02. The witnesses are 1835EN01 and 1835MY01. Children: Elizabeth 1862EL04.
- CENSUS. Sarah Ann Sandoe; Kenwyn, 7 Apr 1861; at Andrew Place, Truro; wife, aged 29; born Exeter; in husband’s household. Sources: 1861 census.
- CENSUS. Sarah Ann Sandoe; Truro, 2 Apr 1871; at Carclew St; aged 40; born Exeter; domestic duties; in husband’s household. Sources: 1871 census.
- CENSUS. Sarah Sandoe; Truro, 3 Apr 1881; at 57 Fairmantle St, head, widow, aged 52; formerly servant; born Gwennap with daughter Bessie 19. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Sarah Ann Sandoe buried 22 Mar 1887, aged 57 from Fairmantle Street; registered 1887MAR Truro 5c/132, aged 57. Sources: GRO, REG/COPC.
- Comments: Daughter of John 1797JN10 and Elizabeth 1797EL06.
Updated: Feb 2019