- BIRTH. Aged 46 in Australia in 1873, son of John Sandow and Mary Hoskings, born around 1827; baptised 16 Sep 1827 at Lelant, son of James, farmer, and Mary, from Trembethow. Sources: REG/COPC, burial record.
- CENSUS. Lelant 06 Mar 1841; at Trembethow, aged 13, born in Cornwall; in James Sandow’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Aged 22, farmer, son of James, farmer, from Lelant married Jane Childs Kindley [1827JA03] 22 Apr 1850 at Madron; registered 1850JUN Penzance 9/242; yeoman of Penbethow. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO/FreeBMD; report in Royal Cornwall Gazette. Children: Maria 1850MA01, James 1852JM01, Elizabeth C 1854EL02, Mary G 1855MY01, John 1857JN01.
- CENSUS. Lelant; 30 Mar 1851; Ninnes Bridge; head, farm labourer aged 23; with wife Jane, daughter Maria 8 m. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Lelant 7 Apr 1861; St Ives Road; wife alone at home, husband a gold-digger. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Died 1873 in Victoria, Australia; aged 46; born Cornwall, son of John Sandow and Mary Hoskings. Sources: Victoria Death Index/CFHS, Victorian Pioneers Index.
- Comments: Son of James 1796JM01 and Mary 1786MY01.
Updated Jul 2019