Jane Childs Kindley
- BIRTH. Aged 23 in 1851; aged 42 in 1871, born Penzance; aged 60 at Plymouth in 1889; born around 1828-29; baptised 9 Oct 1827 at Madron Penzance chapelty, daughter of Ralph Sheldon, master mariner from London, and Dorothy. Sources: 1851 census, 1871 census, death registration, REG/COPC.
- CENSUS: Jane; Penzance 6 Jun 1841; at Clarence Street; aged 14; in Jane Kindley’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page. Jane is stepmother.
- MARR. Aged 22, from Madron, daughter of Ralph Sheldon Kindley, Captain in merchant service, married John Sandow [1827JN01]; 22 Apr 1850 at Madron; eldest daughter of the late Captain Kindley of Penzance. Sources: GRO/COPC, report in Royal Cornwall Gazette. Children: Maria 1850MA01, James 1852JM01, Elizabeth C 1854EL02, Mary G 1855MY01, John 1857JN01.
- CENSUS. Jane Sandow; Lelant, 30 Mar 1851; Ninnes Bridge; wife, aged 23; born Penzance; in husband’s household. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Jane Sandow; Lelant 7 Apr 1861; St Ives Road; wife, married, aged 32; gold-diggers wife; born at Penzance; with children Maria 10, James 8, Elizabeth 7, John 3. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page
- CENSUS. Jane C Sandow; Uny Lelant, 2 Apr 1871; Village; head, m, aged 42; postmistress, born Penzance; with children James 19, Elizabeth 16, John 13; visitor Sarah James 12; servant Ann Trewartha 78. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Jane Childs Sandow; registered 1889JUN Plymouth 5b/170, aged 60. Sources: GRO.
- Comments: Daughter of Ralph Sheldon 1799RA01 and Dorothy 1803DO01; in a Kindley family in 1841, a sister Dorothy Kindley in a Childs family.
Updated Jul 2019