- BIRTH. Baptised 20 Mar 1825 at Kenwyn; daughter of William, miner, and Anne from Chacewater. Sources: IGI, REG.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn 6 Jun 1841; at Chacewater, aged 18, copper miner, born in Cornwall; in Ann Sandoe’s household. Sources: 1841 census/COCP.
- CENSUS. Maria Sandow; Chacewater, 30 Mar 1851; visitor, aged 27; at mine; in Catherine Payntin’s household. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Aged 30, daughter of William, miner, married Stephen Hitchins Whitford 1827ST01, 23 Nov 1854 at Kenwyn, witnesses Richard Hawkes and Thomas Buzza; assumed registered Truro 5C-317 1854DEC. Sources: REG, GRO. Witness is possibly 1828TH01. Children: Louisa 1855, Mary 1860, Joseph 1867.
- CENSUS. Whitford; Kenwyn 7 Apr 1861; at Chacewater; wife, aged 38; born Kea; in husband’s household with children Mary Ann 9, Louisa 6 and lodger Martha Sandoe 27 (sister). Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Whitford; Kenwyn 2 Apr 1871; at Chacewater; head, married, aged 48; born Kea; with children Louisa 16, Mary 11, Joseph 4, and lodger Elizabeth Northey 67. Sources 1871 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Maria Whitford; buried 27 Mar 1881 at Chacewater, aged 58 from Chacewater. Sources: REG/COPC.
- Comments: Daughter of William 1785WI01 and Anne 1784AN04. Miner in 1841.
Updated: Feb 2019