Harriet Cotton 1825HA01
- BIRTH. Aged 13 in 1841 daughter of John; aged 23 in 1851, born at Lidford, Devon, daughter of Harriott; aged 41 in 1871; born around 1825-30; baptised at Lidford 16 Nov 1827, daughter of John, miner and Harriet. Sources: censuses, REG/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Harriot; Calstock 6 Jun 1841; at Wheal Brothers West; aged 13; in John Cotton’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Harriott; Calstock 30 Mar 1851; at Kingstone Common; daughter, unm, aged 23; dressmaker; born at Lidford; Devon; in mother’s household, and John Vial lodger 26. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page. John Vial assumed future husband.
- MARR. Married John Vial [1824JN07]; registered St Germans 1851DEC 9/165. Sources. GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. Vail; Calstock 7 Apr 1861; at Honeycoombe; daughter, widow, aged 31, grocer; born at Lidford; Devon; in mother’s household. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Vial; Calstock 2 Apr 1871; at 9 Coombe Terrace; head, widow, aged 41, grocer; born at Lydford; Devon; with niece Harriet Harris 17. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Vial; married Joseph Sando [1839JS01], registered Plymouth 1875SEP 5b/462.
- CENSUS. Sando; Calstock 3 Apr 1881; head, widow, aged 50, grocer employing 1; born at Lydford; Devon; with Polly Sando 16, and 7 Cotton nephews. Sources: 1881 census/AncestryCom. Polly Sandoe is assumed 1863MY03.
- DIR. Mrs Harriet Sando; shopkeeper at Harrobarrow, Calstock, in 1889. Sources: Kelly’s Cornwall 1889 p. 952.
- CENSUS. Sando; Calstock 7 Apr 1891; at West Honeycombe; head, widow, aged 61, grocer, born at Lydford, Devon; with nephews john 32, henry 28, Samuel 19 and niece Annie 20 (all Cotton). Sources: 1891 census/AncestryCom.
- DEATH. Sando; buried 15 Jun 1896 at Calstock, aged 67, from Harrowbarrow Terrace; registered 1896JUN Tavistock 5b/233; aged 67. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO/freeBMD.
- Comments: Daughter of John 1801jn03 and Harriet 1801HA01.
Updated Mar 2018