- BIRTH. Baptised 25 Dec 1824 at Redruth, son of Joseph Carne and Fanny. Sources: IGI.
- CENSUS. John Sandow; Redruth 6 Jun 1841; at Sandow Row, aged 14, born in Cornwall; in father’s household. Sources: CF, COCP1841 (HO107/143 ED6 Folio 6 p.5).
- IMMIG. Arrived in South Australia in 1847 on the Aboukir. Sources: BISA p. 1425. Tinsmith at Adelaide and Stepney, South Australia.
- MARR. Batchelor, full age, tinman of Sandows Row, son of Joseph Carne Sando, mason, married Sarah Roberts Boundy 1821SA01, 4 Apr 1847 at Redruth; witnesses Thomas Corby and Jane Remfry; registered Redruth 1847JUN 9-303. Sources: BISA p. 1425, REG. Children: Joseph R 1848JS01, John 1848JN05, William R 1849WI03, Frances J 1852FN01, Elizabeth M 1854EL11, Joseph C 1856JS02, John A 1858JN01, Ellena 1860EN01 (married Redman), Sarah A 1862SA01, Henry E 1864HE02.
- MARR. Married Isebella Mary Miles 1837IB01; between 1889 and 1892. Sources: MF; first wife Sarah died in 1889.
- DEATH. Died 21 Jun 1905 at St Peter’s, South Australia. Buried at Payneham. BISA p. 1425, DF.
- Comments: Son of Joseph Carne 1799JS01 and Fanny 1796FY01 (Frances).
Updated July 2020