- BIRTH. Aged 15 at Mount Horam in 1841, born in Cornwall, in John Sandow’s household; aged 29 when married at Kenwyn in 1853, son of John, miner; 44 in 1871, born Kenwyn; 52 in Truro district in 1876; born around 1824-1827. Sources: Censuses, marriage record, death registration.
- CENSUS. Henry Sandon; Kenwyn 6 Jun 1841; at Mount Horam, aged 15; copper miner, born in Cornwall; in John Sandon’s household. Sources: 1841 census/COCP . Assumed Sandow, transcribed Sandon; John Sandow is father 1799JN03.
- MARR. Aged 29, miner of Three Barrows, son of John, miner, married Mary Trenery 1820MY01, 10 Jul 1853 at Kenwyn; witnesses parish clerk T G Hicks and Mary Mugford; assumed registered Truro 5c-266 1853SEP. Sources: REG; GRO. Children: : Eliza J 1856EL01, William H 1856WI02, Thomasin 1860TH03.
- CENSUS. St Agnes, 2 Apr 1871; head, aged 44; tin miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Mary 51; children Eliza J 16, William H 15, Tamsin 11; servant Elizabeth J Trenery 20. Sources: 1871 census index/Ross (ED 5 schedule 11).
- DEATH. Registered 1876MAR Truro 5c/113, age 52. Sources: GRO.
- Comments: Son of John 1799JN03 and Jane 1791JA01. Miner. Married same day as brother 1827WI03 in 1852, same witnesses. Marriage witnesses are 1778TH01 and 1826MY04.
Updated: March 2009